At Oak Hammock at the University of Florida, we are committed to the highest infection control standards. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to follow all recommended guidelines from local, state and federal agencies. Our goal is to keep everyone in our community safe, while staying dedicated to our pursuit of life-long learning, health and wellness and happiness in retirement. For more information, view our updates and precautionary measures.
Information for Oak Hammock Staff
- All full- and part-time employees of Oak Hammock accrue paid time off to use for any reason (personal, vacation, sick, etc.) During this uncertain time, we are committed to helping those employees who may be out of work due to being ill with COVID-19, by supplementing them with funds from the Payment Protection Plan. Our managers are insisting ALL staff members who are not well stay home. Staff at any level will not be penalized for staying home while sick.
- Oak Hammock management has no plans to reduce the workforce through temporary layoffs or cutbacks in hours. Ultimately, the need for staff services will be determined by each manager.
- Some staff may not be able to report to work due to illness, recent travel, access restrictions or personal reasons. Therefore, staff members who are able to report to work may have expanded or new/different responsibilities added to their usual roles.
- For those who are not able to report to work through no fault of their own, Oak Hammock management is exploring ways to address PTO/payment during an absence. For specific questions, employees should see guidance from the human resources department.
- Staff should be practicing social distancing when not at work. Staff are discouraged from gathering with groups of more than 10 people or exposing themselves to people who are sick.