July 26 Update
Proactive Updates (Residents, Staff & Guests)
Due to the recent rise in the positivity rates in Florida, we are updating our protocols to protect our community. We are asking everyone to adhere to these guidelines in an abundance of caution and protection, effective immediately.
Residents & Guests -
- We are reinstating mask requirements when indoors on the Oak Hammock campus, except when dining.
- All personal care givers in Independent Living will be tested twice per week (Tuesdays and Fridays.) Please share this information with them, as we do not have contact information for every company used.
- Please do not invite any unvaccinated persons - including relatives - to campus for the next 30 days.
- We ask you to limit your off-campus trips as much as possible in the next 30 days to avoid contact with the public outside of the Oak Hammock community.
- If you exhibit cold-like symptoms, residents are encouraged to call our infection control nurse Elaine Dotten at 352-548-1137 and schedule a test. You may call Elaine to schedule an appointment to receive the vaccine.
- Staff must wear a mask at all times when indoors on the Oak Hammock campus.
- All unvaccinated employees, contractors, etc., will be tested twice per week (Tuesdays and Fridays).
- All vaccinated employees will be tested once per week (Tuesdays).
- All staff in the fitness center, bank and hair salons will be tested twice per week if unvaccinated (Tuesdays and Fridays) or once per week if vaccinated (Tuesdays).
- If you exhibit cold-like symptoms, staff are required before reporting to work to call our infection control nurse Elaine Dotten at 352-548-1137 and schedule a test. You may call Elaine to schedule an appointment to receive the vaccine.