ILR programs and courses cover a wide variety of subjects, including science, medicine, technology, literature, the visual and performing arts, history, philosophy and current events.
Courses and programs are held on the Oak Hammock campus located at 5100 SW 25th Blvd. off of SW Williston Road.
Courses are offered during four terms beginning in January, March, July and September. All summer programs are free to participate and enjoy.
Courses are presented by active and retired professors from the University of Florida and Santa Fe College, as well as experts in particular fields of study. Additional "Special Feature" programs may be offered FREE OF CHARGE. Some courses include field trips.
ILR courses and programs are open to all ILR members, including both Oak Hammock residents and citizens of the Gainesville community and surrounding areas.
- Diversified curriculum in science, humanities and fine arts
- No finals, grades or homework
- New classes each fall, winter, spring and summer
- ILR faculty from University of Florida and Santa Fe College and experts from the community and Oak Hammock
- A desire to learn and to participate in a group setting are the only requirements
Examples of Group Discussions
- Foreign policy’s Great Decisions
- The Round Table in the Algonquin Genre
- Cutting edge topics with the experts
- Understanding and enjoying opera
- Foreign language classes
- A variety of summer programs
Fall ILR Registration: click here for online registration